Okay so I every night I run, and lately because of my busy schedule I find myself running at night. Now I stopped being afraid of the dark long ago....but the dark is naturally not as comfortable a setting as the light. But it seems that running at night has truly given me a time to unwind, be alone, and have one on one time with God......looking up at the stars at night really help me grasp what a mighty Lord we serve...and in the dark its easier to
focus on your thoughts and feelings seeing as there are much less distractions. Now when I do this I find myself imagining God with me, and God watching my every footstep, and God knowing my thoughts, and God being fully alert of every essence of my being.
As a Christian I often hear and acknowledge my belief that God is always watching, and hearing, and knowing of our actions. But it bothers me that the only time I really think about this is when I'm all alone away running around my block at night.
.. ..
.. ..
Often people think of God as a less exaggerated Zeus sitting on a throne in heaven watching you and preparing his next lightning bolt to throw into your already hectic life.....But there is a problem with this mental image....It leaves out Gods Love for Us.
God is most definitely watching over us all the time...and he can most definitely see and know everything we do, he knows all our thoughts and he knows what we will do, before we even do it....but at the same time God loves us like nothing we can fathom....God watches over our every move, and thought in life because he cares about us. God has a perfect plan for our lives, but sin draws us away from him and ultimately his plan.
Now its not difficult to pick out things in our life that draw us away from God and his perfect plan...and thanks to our conscious we have a naturally instinct to know right from wrong....when you look back at your actions you can always tell if you where doing what’s right, or what was wrong, or just what you wanted to do because that's all you really cared about.
So we live in this world with these physical boundaries....if I do something behind a wall someone on the other side probably wont see it. And if I think a thought is most definitively going to stay in my head unless I tell someone what it is. We have grown up in a world where these are the rules, and we have gotten used to them. We can hide things from each other and it seems that often even though you know something is wrong if you can hide it from the right persons you really don't care. And if there is anyone you want to hide your problems from it’s usually the people that care most about you....you know that it hurts them to see you fall down a path in life that you know is not the right choice and could hurt you in the end. So you hide your true self to allow them to keep there surreal thoughts about you and your situations in life....
.. ..
This plan seems very foolproof until you actually think about it...then it becomes extremely futile. When you think about it not a single person on this earth loves us and cares as much about us as God does. And guess what.....God is the only one that we CANNOT hide from.
As a Christian I know that there is one almighty God, (that's all included in the trinity...Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) and I know that he is everywhere, and he is all knowing and he knew everything about me before I was even born.
I know that God sent his only son to live a sinless life here on earth, and then sacrifice himself to pay for my own sins...yeah the things that draw me away from God he sacrificed himself to bring me back. Obviously God loves us unconditionally, throughout history humans have turned away from God and he has given us another chance. God created us and everything around is...we are his creation and he Loves us like so.
So when we sin God can most definitively see it, and since he loves us so much it hurts him tremendously to see us fall away from him.
And my question is why do we still sin as if we can't hide it from God????
It’s not possible to stop sinning altogether but the less we sin the closer we get to God and the better off we are. What if we where put in an empty room and where asked to demonstrate our personal sinful nature in front of an audience of the people we had always hid it from....we would most definitively be reluctant. But with God the one that we wish we could hide from the most we can’t be reluctant. We don't have to be in a room with him watching us, he can see us in our everyday life....he can see our thoughts, our desires, and he can see us trying to somehow hide from him.
We hurt God everyday by sinning against him even though we know he is watching....and then we go into church on Sunday, or get on our knees when we are going through a hard time and we ask for his forgiveness.
And the most amusing part of our foolish behavior is when we turn from our hypocritical behavior for like 20 minutes, do something that was the right thing...or something that honored God and we say "gosh I know he saw that!!!" haha I wonder why we never get finished talking bad about others, lying, being immoral, and say "Gosh I know he saw that :(("
.. ..
It’s like we are trying to impress God, but only when it’s convenient for us....and we only acknowledge his all knowing nature when we do something we want HIM to know about.Also it seems that since we ask God for salvation, we have somehow chosen him to save us....this helps us get the illusion that we can hid things from the God that we chose. But really God was the one that chose us...God made us, and God watched us fall away from him, and curse him, and attempt to hide from him...(In fact Adam and Eve tried to hide from God when they sinned for the first time)....but in the end God CHOSE to send his son to die for us.
So the question of this entire blog is "If God knows all, and loves us they way he does....why do we continue to hide from him"
God is the only one that can truly help us with our problems in life...he is the only one that can help us turn from our sins....and he can see them all, and I totally believe that he wants to help.
So we should acknowledge the wondrous God we serve....we should acknowledge that he knows our problems, and he wants to help us. We should look at our lives and stop trying to hide from God. We should try living as if where in a room with a spotlight on us and Gods watching all the time, Because HE IS. We should clear our head from the thoughts we wish to hide....Because HE knows them. And we should ask for his help in doing all this...Because WE can’t do it alone.
Thanks for reading....I would like to thank lesie canipe for the topic of this Blog...and I would like to thank God for what he was done....

No comments:
Post a Comment